Welcome to the Mitfahrverband.
The „Mitfahrverband“ is the non-profit carpooling and ride sharing association for the D-A-CH region, i.e. German-speaking countries: Austria, Germany and Liechtenstein as well as the German-speaking regions in Belgium, Italy, Luxembourg and Switzerland.
Purpose of the association is to foster shared rides in private cars in order to increase car occupancy and reduce empty seats. This should help reducing traffic jams, emissions and costs and so support the transition towards a more sustainable mobility. In order to achieve this goal, we offer the the following:
- For communities and municipalities, who consider the implementation of carpooling or ride sharing, we provide a comprehensive market overview of local carpooling providers and an independent consulting service.
- For carpooling providers we act as an advocacy and special interest group, share best practices and foster interoperability with other carpooling platforms and modes of transport via the joint development of open standards and APIs.
- Private carpooling users will soon find an overview of carpooling solutions and initiatives in their area.
- For public authorities, associations and media representatives we serve as an independent and neutral point of contact, bundle opinions and offer statements for many users and players in the market.
- For universities and science, we can facilitate public private partnerships with our members and support scientific projects.
For further information please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.